Thursday, May 7, 2009

Module 4

Copernic



I was already extremely familiar with the majority of programs on the list, in particular all the Media Players, which I have had on my PC for quite a long time. At the moment I only ever use Windows Media Player as my main media player and Quicktime for all my iPod music and video needs.

One program that was not on that list is VLC Media Player, which is a free, very basic media player that supports a wide wide range of video formats and codecs so is a great all round application.



I decided to download Copernic Desktop Search as I had not seen or heard of it before and it seemed like it may be somewhat useful to me and....it's pretty decent but I seem to not have configured it properly as I typed in a few queries knowing I had files in my hard drive that matched, but only a few of them showed up on the results section.



It really slowed down my Internet Explorer and Vista quite a fair bit and it annoyingly kept asking me if I wanted it as the default search browser even after I ticked the box saying "NO" repeatedly so all in all, not something I will be using too often as it seems to be more annoying than helpful at this stage. Maybe once I spend a bit more time configuring it then it may pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment