Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A long long time ago, In a galaxy far far away...there was Blinkenlights

TASK B


Next I moved on to Towel.blinkenlights.nl and Wow! The amount of fandom/freetime and skill involved in that is pretty mind boggling, definitely a different use of Telnet to what I expected. Reminded me of the old racing games I used to play on my Casio Scientific/Graphic calculator in high school when I was bored during class. They too also consisted of ASCII characters, but were nowhere near as elaborate as that.

Blinkenlights and the old Casio games both do however share the same maverick spirit as the first person to figure out that 5318008 spells BOOBIES upside down on a calculator, thus turning a perfectly functional and useful tool into something much more amusing and giggle-worthy.




As impressive as it was, I could only put up with a couple of scenes before moving on. Not a big a fan of Star Wars, and the lack of speech and sound effects made it a bit boring for my Xbox/Playstation conditioned mind. Shameful, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment